25 Oct Five guidelines to follow to perform an adequate beading
1. Use appropriate exterior and interior tools for the beading process. These tools must be designed specifically for the diameter and design of the can body to be worked on.
2. Ensure that the can body is correctly positioned and guided during the beading process. This is achieved using replaceable guide rings or stops depending on the type of segment used.
3. Adjust the bead depth evenly on all interior tools. This is achieved through precise adjustments of the pinolas and internal tool axes.
4. Make necessary adjustments and corrections to ensure a constant bead depth throughout the entire can body. This can be accomplished by measuring and comparing bead depths on different tools and making adjustments as necessary.
5. Regularly check the condition and operation of tools, such as pinolas, control cams and bearings, to ensure precise and quality beading.